37th ANNUAL SPENCER REUNION
NORFOLK, VIRGINIA Sept. 30-Oct. 4, 2010
Well here we are again planning our Annual Ship’s Reunion. We had planned our reunion to be in Norfolk before but had to cancel at the last moment to change the reunion to Cape May for the Mast Dedication. Thankfully we had not signed the contract but were just a couple of days away from it. Anyway we are going to go to Norfolk this year. We know some of you have been there before, but many have not. We are sure you will enjoy it just the same.
You can make you hotel reservations at the HILTON NORFOLK, Airport Hotel. We were able to get the same rates they offered us two years ago and since then the hotel has been renovated.
● The rate of $89.00 per night is based on single-quad occupancy. All guestroom rates are subject to state and local taxes, currently 13% plus $1.00 per night lodging tax.
● The rates will be in effect three days prior to the scheduled arrival date and three days after the scheduled departure date, and are based on an availability basis.
● Reservations must be made no later than 8/31/2010. Any reservations received after the cut off date will be honored based on space and rate availability.
● A one night’s advance deposit payment or credit card deposit is required for each room reserved. Balance of payment is due at check-in. Any cancellations must be received 48 hours or more prior to arrival to avoid penalty of one night’s room & tax charge to the credit card, or taken from any deposit received.
● Guest check-in time begins at 3:00 p.m. Guests arriving before this time will be accommodated as soon as clean rooms become available. Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
Friday, October 1 7:30 a.m. Buffet Breakfast (Meeting will be held later)
9:00 a.m. Board Bus for visit to USCG Training Center at Yorktown
(All visitors MUST have photo ID. No bags other than handbags or camera cases)
Lunch included at the Port of York Club,
Riding Norfolk City Tour,
Victory Rover Harbor Cruise (We’ll get a great view of Navy Carriers and destroyers)
Return around 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 2 Breakfast on your own
9:30 a.m. Board Bus for Nauticus, The National Maritime Center and Battleship
Wisconsin, Waterside Festival Marketplace, lunch on your own.
MacArthur Memorial and Doumar’s Ice Cream Par lour
Return around 3:30
Banquet at hotel 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 3 Breakfast Lunch and Dinner on your own.
Hospitality room will be open whenever we are at hotel. We will hold meeting sometime after breakfast, otherwise the day is free to visit etc.
The Hotel has complimentary on-site parking for registered guest’s vehicles, including unoccupied RV’s. The Hotel provides complimentary airport shuttle service to and from the Norfolk International Airport departing every ½ hour 5am-10pm and until 12am upon request. The Hotel also provided complimentary shuttle service within a 3-mile radius of hotel based on availability.
REUNION ‘2010 RESERVATION FORM
Please meet all deadlines to avoid problems.
Registration fee is $175 per person. Deadline for registration is September 15, 2010.
Make checks payable to SPENCER ASSOCIATION. Mail to: Jack Shampine, 32 Carriage Lane, NW, Cartersville, GA 30120-4405